bergfly - missives from the field

24 September 2005

Why oh why a Blog?

I feel like I'm a bit late for a party I started. Well, not started, but was ahead of the game on. Way back in the mid ninties I did a bit of blogging. Long before blogging was blogging, and it was something else entirely. During my years of wandering the globe, I decided that it would be far easier to simply update a central webpage during my travels and have my collection of friendscolleaguesfamilymetionableothers login in and catch up on my news. So before heading off on my South America jaunt, I wrote out a few templates and saved a file stucture on the geocities servers to update on my travels. And over the next couple of years I updated them from many a random internet cafe. It was, in all intents and purposes, a blog.

Of course I have since given up the world travel (sadly and not out of my own choice, but the years move on...) and with it, my blog. Not to say I haven't done a selection of interesting stuff since, but it has not been weblished since. I still have the old blog, floating around somewhere on a couple of servers. In fact I know it sits on my old webserver, since out of commision and not running. There is a copy here if anyone wants to ramble through it.

So now I find myself stagnated in a real job, with some interesting things that should come up now and again. My wife has started her own blog too, so I feel a little left out. Her blog rocks too, so I guess there is a little of that oneupmanship going on. Hence, finally it is blog time I guess. Something to pass the time doing. Of course I would ideally like to host the thing myself and the like, and with time I guess I will. But for now, it starts here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home