bergfly - missives from the field

29 May 2006

Homed


Dandelions stick their too yellow heads through my motley lawn. At last I have all the cares, concerns and stresses of the newly mortgaged. My weekend was spent measuring, cutting and nailing baseboards to the downstairs living spaces. A slow, easy and rather relaxing task, it has no doubt added a miniscule value to our rather budget but overpriced home.

Wen-shu and I have spent a lot of time and even more money going from a scantly furnished apartment to a filled out and cosy duplex. Sofa's, desks, dining table and "accessories" have caused more wealth gathering for the likes of VISA, Mastercard and American Express than any prudent person would be happy with. Yet, although no one likes to spend lots of hard earned money, the effect of spending it has been rather grand, and I am more than satisfied with the house. Wen-shu adds those fine finishing touches I could never think of that make a house a home. Three cats roaming around round off the feeling, and we lack for nothing as far as essentials go. Sure, we would like the 72 inch TV, but right now make do with all 19 inchs of the hand me down we presently own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home