bergfly - missives from the field

23 December 2005

Some Pictures

Xmas is almost here and I have been rather busy, and a little on the ill side. Some sort of Flu/cold has struck me down and I have been recovering the past few days. Last week I was up in Northern Alberta doing a week long install of a gas plant's network. We worked hard and put in an 84 hour week. But enough of that, here are a few more photos of the wilderness in Canada These are the sort of roads that I travel on each day. Good winter tires, caution and a complete indifference to sliding are recommended. In fact I came close to an accident yesterday, overtaking a truck on a downhill. I was not been reckless, as he asked me to overtake (we use radios up here, see a previous post) Still, I came past just before a sharp corner on a 10% downhill. I had to put the truck completely sidewards and pray for traction on the icy road. Breaking in such circumstances puts you deep in the forest and well off the road. Fortunately the tires got some bite before I wrapped the truck around some innocent Xmas tree. Just a nice looking shot of some odd ice on a river with a rock embedded in it Some more of the Canadian Rockies, in the north. I have been taking my tripod with recently and liked the colour of this bridge in the otherwise frosted wilderness. The use of a tripod makes a big difference to the quality of the shots and I must use it more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home